I wrote a post yesterday that was basically about using data gathered from observing systems to predict future behaviour within those systems.
I used diabetes as a means of illustrating a complex system, and when I tweeted the post, I used the #hastag “#diabetes”.
Almost immediately, I received a response that looked like this:
The idea of automating a Tweeted response to a trigger keyword is nothing new, and a lot of people are doing it: I wrote a piece of software a while ago that was designed to automate response advertising via Twitter based on keyword usage – contact me if you’re interested in it, I’ve kind of let it wither…
Anyway, I thought I’d pay a visit to the website that was being linked to, and found this:
The point is, clearly InezCGrant0′s creator has invested a certain amount of time into building a Twitter advertising system, and then selecting a list of keywords that they wanted to target, and writing adverts that are reasonably compelling to attract users to click.
Then, rather than providing some content that they can monetise based on their audience, they just directed me to yet another crappy make money online website.
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (3)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (2)
- February 2012 (3)
- January 2012 (3)
- December 2011 (3)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (6)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (6)
- July 2011 (6)
- June 2011 (9)
- May 2011 (11)
- April 2011 (16)
- March 2011 (24)
- February 2011 (27)
- January 2011 (9)
Join Quumf on Facebook
James Lowery on Twitter
- Back at work in the UK. I brought chocolates. They've all gone.2013/05/12 22:16
- Back in the office. Time to do some SEO, or something.2013/04/25 21:33
- Hey @google #ifihadglass I'd be able to spellcheck adverts before they get published.
- Just had my laptop lovingly rebuilt by @MattTipler. Going to see if I can restrict myself to Bing + IE for a week.2013/04/19 03:03
- Ihggggnnsuithlmnfmnggvuhyeeyeueyeuisquwuysyewueuueyyeyeytwttwwtryeyeywyetwfatwftyrryryewyyqytttttyytyyauuyerrydyysyseyeyryteagwyeehwgwuwyy2013/04/05 20:37
- Back at work in the UK. I brought chocolates. They've all gone.
Tagsadsense analytics bit.ly Black Hat black hat SEO branding business celebrities conversation conversion rates diabetes egypt Facebook forums foursquare getting a return Google Google +1 Link building linking marketing message boards microsoft msn online pr optimisation Personal politeness politics privacy profitability ROI SEO sharing Social 101 Social Media social media marketing social media response social networks spam spammers statistics traffic generation twitter url shorteners